Friday, December 7, 2012

#16 Find my life passion.

Passion. It's such a deep word. More than just feelings. More than just liking something. More than love. Dictionary.com has 9 different definitions of the word:

1. ardent love or affection
2. intense sexual love
3. a strong affection or enthusiasm for an object, concept, etc: a passion for poetry
4. any strongly felt emotion, such as love, hate, envy, etc
5. a state or outburst of extreme anger: he flew into a passion
6. the object of an intense desire, ardent affection, or enthusiasm
7. an outburst expressing intense emotion: he burst into a passion of sobs
8. philosophy
a.any state of the mind in which it is affected by something external, such as perception, desire, etc, as contrasted with action
b.feelings, desires or emotions, as contrasted with reason
9. the sufferings and death of a Christian martyr

Here's the words and phrases that stick out to me: Intense, enthusiasm, strong, outburst, desire, sufferings, death.

Wow - sufferings and death? Is their anything I am that crazy about? to the level of sufferings and death?

So how does one come to find their life passion? Does it change? Am I too young to have a passion?

Here's the thing. I like a lot of things. I like running. I like serving others. I like people for the most part. I like sunny days. I like butterflies. Ok that's enough... you get the picture.

I even love quite a few things and people in my life. I love my husband. I love my family. I love my church family and friends. I love my puppies.

but what am I truly passionate about?

One word - Christ.

He is the only person I know that endured suffering and death - for me (and you).

To me, if I'm going to be passionate about anything, it has to be Christ. First and foremost. See I believe that when you are fully passionate about Christ, your cup is so full that you become passionate about others. There's an inner light that springs out of you because you can't contain all the love. You become the hands and feet of Christ. Giving is the center of your spirit.

I long for that daily. It's an intense, strong desire for more. To grow closer to him. To be a better wife, daughter, friend, coworker. With Christ at the center of my life, I can share more. Love more. Give more because I understand that I am nothing without him.

I read this on a friends facebook a few days ago. It's def worth keeping and resharing.

 
 
So if you are struggling with a vision, a focus, or looking for passion in your life. I encourage you to look to the source. Find what will truly and deeply change your life. Christ is a transforming power that will take you from the bottom, forgive you, and light up your life. He sure has done that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment