Monday, February 25, 2013

Change is good... Running to HIS arms!

So last summer, I began a blog. Seemed like a good thing to do. God has transformed my life and I wanted to share some of my transformation along with some future goals (AKA 30 things I want to do before I turn 30). A blog is a great way to document a journey and encourage others.

But now... I sense God turning my life (and this blog) in a new direction. I'm still going to complete the 30 before 30 goals and use the blog to document that, but I'm changing things up a bit. Full of excitement and joy, I am going to run this new race pursuing after God's call for my life.

Last fall after a wonderful weekend visit with my best friend Jullian, I started a journey that is now in week 4 of a bible study entitled "Run for God." Run for God is a 5k training plan and devotion to strengthen us; physically, mentally, and spiritually. God is doing some really awesome things through Run for God and I'll share more on that in future posts.

For now, here's where we are. I am going to continue to use this blog to share my story of transformation and track my 30 before 30 goals. In addition, I am going to use it to encourage you to foster change in your life: Physically, Mentally, and Spiritually. This blog is going to document a new direction for my life: Helping others change their physical bodies through training the body, focusing the mind, and strengthening the soul.

This journey is not just on the blog. I am going to become a certified group fitness instructor and (maybe somewhere down the road) a personal trainer. God is already opening doors (through relationships, finances, and other really cool opportunities). Now I'm not quitting my day job (at least that's not what I feel God telling me to do at this time) but I do feel like this could become a full time career in the future. For now, I am going to pursue this path in addition to my current employment.

I would really appreciate your prayers, comments, feedback, encouragement, and love as I seek after God's will for my life. I am confident in Christ for he knows every step I should (and will) take before I even begin. He places opportunities, people, and events in our paths to prepare our body, mind, and heart for future plans he has for us. I am trusting in his plan for me.

2 comments:

  1. Charity, I am so excited for you! Isn't it wonderful how God uses a moment in time to prepare us for the future He has for us? Who would have thought this would be your race? Your journey? HE did! I am so very proud of you and excited to be running in this race of life alongside of you... even though we run different races... we can still run together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would have told me this was the direction my life would go in two years ago, I would have told you, "You are crazy!" Sometimes I still question if he's sure this is the path... but I'm learning to quiet my flesh and fix my eyes on him. I'm incredibly grateful God allowed our paths to cross. You are a joy to know and to run this race of life with!

      Delete