Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Group Fitness Certification - Before the test

This Saturday I am taking the AFAA Group Fitness Certification. Feel free to click on the link below to learn more. I'm not sure what the future holds for me with this certification, but I'm trusting God that if he designed this for me, he will open the right doors.

Ok... Let me be honest. After all, honesty is the best policy...

I'm afraid, fearful, not sure, insecure... I feel completely vulnerable. Just a few short weeks ago, I was meeting with a few fitness professionals to learn about perusing a career in fitness, and now I'm getting certified to teach?!?

I never imagined myself as the fitness instructor. Honestly (again...) I never really imagined myself (my physical self) having any impact on someone else... I was always the "smart" girl. A leader by nature... but not when it comes to health, fitness, or sports...

But here's how awesome God is.

  • He has transformed my life. He has shown me over (and over and over) again how faithful he is if I listen and obey. I can not on my own, but with Christ, I can do all things. Even teach group fitness...
  • He places people, events, and encouragement all around us. My dear friend Kelli Wommack posted on her blog - Living for one - today about fear (and how to kick it to the curb!) Thank you, Kelli! Perfect timing.
  • Run for God has challenged and changed my heart! I am so humbled by the opportunity to share my fitness journey with others. God has overwhelming affirmed my love for sharing Christ through fitness.
  • I love to encourage, motivate, and push people past what they "think" they can do. Here's why... Christ doesn't give up! EVER!
  • Here's my final thought on this... Fear is a sin. When I fear or become anxious, I am saying "I don't trust God"... "He isn't going to come through this time". God is faithful and always answers our prayers. So every time I am in fear, I will turn to my faithful father in prayer. Giving him my anxious thoughts and worries because he has the perfect plan for me.
I have been studying (for about a month now). I've researched and read all about group fitness. Thought about various classes I like, things I would enjoy teaching.

I've also found some awesome links to blogs about the certification and what to expect Saturday.

Nutrition- Nut on the run
Jackies Health and Fitness

Please pray for me as I pursue this new chapter. Remembering to trust God, shut out the fear, and live my life to encourage, motivate, and share Christ's love with all I come in contact with!

No comments:

Post a Comment