Saturday, April 27, 2013

Exciting New Chapter

What an incredible year 2013 has been so far and I'm sure the rest of the year will be just as (if not more) exciting than the first four months.

Here's a praise report from the last few months (and a little back into 2012...) God has truly blessed our lives so much!
  • In December 2012, Adam and I bought a home! Yay!
  • A little before that, I changed jobs (which made the home purchase a little more difficult, but God always has a plan). I started working as a Sales Rep for Med Away Disposal Services and River Mill Data Management.
  • Adam and I celebrated our first anniversary :)
  • In February, I began facilitating our life school class - Run for God. Awesome, sweet, amazing journey.
  • Just a few short weeks after the class begin, I began a new journey to pursue my passion for fitness. I met with some local fitness professionals to learn about pursuing a career or part-time position in fitness. They recommended I start with a group fitness cerfitication... so I signed up and started studying.
  • I signed up for a marathon... still hasn't fully set in... training starts in a couple of weeks and the race is November 9th!
  • I studied and took my group fitness certification. Feel like it went great, but still awaiting the results...
  • Today, 58 Run for God Participants completed the goal race! More on today's race in a future blog but for now, here's our group photo!


    When I finished the group fitness certification test, I wondered when I would get the opportunity to use it, how would I find someone to shadow and learn more, am I really sure this is for me?

    But Got in his awesome design has opened a new door and is giving me the opportunity to use my work experience and passion for fitness in a new career!

    Starting May 1st, I will begin a new position as the General Manger for AC Fitness for Women (a women's only health club). I am so thankful for this opportunity and can't wait to get started! During the month of May, I will get to shadow the current General Manager. What an awesome way to ease the transition.

    Can't wait to begin and share this new chapter on some future blogs!
    I am so thankful to Butch Barwick and the entire River Mill Team for the opportunity to work there. Although it may have been a short run, God allowed me to meet some really great people, learn from each of them, and grow personally and professionally.

    And one extra sweet little blessing from God, we are on our way to a weekend get away at the Beach! So thankful for a little rest and relaxation. Icing on the cake...  we are heading to the same place that began the Run for God journey... Here's a few photos from our last beach trip.

    At the Back Porch for dinner with Jullian. She's the one that told me about a running/bible study program going on at her church.

    Visiting with our sweet Aunt Boo Boo and Uncle David. We are staying at their condo in Panama City Beach. If you ever need a condo, let us get you in contact with them!

    Beach photos with my love



      No comments:

      Post a Comment