Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Run for God - Week 9 - The Next Step?

With only 10 days until our goal race, I can already feel the excitement and buzz for it. Wait... The excitement has always been here! I remember what it felt like in January as the participants started to sign up. I was excited about every single person! When I would see a new addition, I prayed about their journey and thanked God for every single individual. Now as we reach our goal race, I am still thanking God for every single person. I can't wait to see each person cross the finish line (so I better run fast...), hug their sweaty neck, and share in the joy of completing the race.
 
This past Sunday was a real treat. It seemed as though we may get another "rain cleansing", but the rain and skies calmed as we met. When we left for a run, overcast skies, and we had a great 30 minute run. We also had a really good discussion about keeping Christ in the forefront of every aspect of our lives: our family, our hobbies, our work, our everything! Think about a pancake vs a waffle. We want God's grace, love, and leadership covering every aspect of our lives like syrup covers and seeps into a pancake. We don't want to put God into "compartments" of our life like waffles.
 
This upcoming Sunday is our last class :( but I'm pretty positive that it is not the end!
 
 
 
For the last couple of weeks, many of the participants have been asking me "what's next?" Now I'm a planner, so I thought about what was next in January before the class ever started. What I have learned, however, is that God's plans are always bigger and better than my plans.
 
He is equipping and preparing each of us for our purpose in his kingdom. He is always doing that. He gives us gifts, experiences, and passions that prepare us for his service.
 
Here's my thoughts (in an email to the class) as I have prayed about the future:
 
There are quite a few people in this class that are equipped to lead another 5k Run for God program. If that interests you, please let me know and I can help you there! I could see an entire team of people coming out of this group to lead. I also could see a "next step" class coming out of this study like a 10k training program. This next step could run in conjunction with the next 5k program (and the 10k group would just run longer) It also wouldn't be far fetched to start a training program for a half marathon. Some of you could go that path. Finally, there might not be a next step for Run for God... Maybe a group run each week comes out of it or just some great new relationships. What ever happens, I pray that you continue to pursue physical and spiritual health.
 
I am encouraged that so many of you want to continue some sort of journey that has been initiated by Run for God! I know that God is and has been at work through this entire journey. I thank him daily for allowing me to be a part of this journey. I am humbled that he has allowed me to see his hand at work in each and every one of you! I'll share more about my journey in a future blog post, but I am so thankful that God has allowed me to grow through this journey as well.
 
I have also encouraged each individual to develop at least two goals: a physical goal and a spiritual goal. As we conclude the class this Sunday, we are going to share, encourage, and empower each other to pursue God's call for our lives.
 
If you are following along in the workouts, this week's workout is a 5 min warm up, 30 minute run, 5 min cool down and stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment