Friday, April 12, 2013

Group Fitness Certification - tomorrow!

I've been on a roller coaster of emotions with this group fitness certification. As I mentioned in the last post about the certification, my fears had been getting the best of me...

I looked over at my sweet, adorable husband earlier this week and asked him why I was taking this certification?

You can see all the reasons fear and doubt crept in on my last post. I had been worried about the usefulness of the certification. How exactly do I get into the fitness arena? What path do I take? Maybe the certification is just a learning opportunity and it could take a year or two (or maybe even longer) before I teach a fitness class...

But I am taking this first step! I'll never know if I don't try.


This is what my husband (in his infinite wisdom and simplicity) reminded me that I do have...
  • I have passion. I love fitness. Passion is one HUGE thing you can't teach people! It's deep inside us. You either have passion for something or you don't. We all know what it's like to work, live, or mingle with people who don't have passion for what they do... I really like this blog about the 3 components of job satisfaction! by Michal Hyatt
  • I care about people. Yes. Another one of those characteristics you can't teach. I want to see people achieve goals that they never thought they could. I want to challenge them. I am encouraged when other people find the strength deep inside (like I did)
  • I want to encourage, motivate, and sometimes give you the swift kick (in love) that you need to keep going.
  • I have Christ. I have his love. I have a relationship with him and when I'm in doubt, I can turn to him. Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Skills can be learned. I can learn how to safely and effectively lead a group fitness class. I love to learn. I have studied, practiced, and prepared all I can for this certification. When I took the practice test, I did well. I am excited about this new adventure and the opportunity to learn more, encourage others, and focus on living a healthy lifestyle.

Change is good. Although it can be a little scary, I know that if this is the path for me, God will open doors and create paths that allow me to pursue this passion!

Prayers for the certification and direction are welcome and appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment