Thursday, April 25, 2013

Run for God - Week 10 - "Test Run"

With Race day only 2 days away (6 days away as of our class Sunday), I can feel the excitement! Sunday we had an opportunity to "test run" the full 5k distance and our class rocked it.

I would love to tell you in words how awesome it was to see each person complete the 5k distance, but I just couldn't do it justice. See, as we "run the race" God has planned for us, we change... he transforms us... he empowers us. Christ is in us, with us, for us, before us... His love is perfect and will never change.

So as I watched each person round the corner and run toward our mock finish line Sunday, I reflected on the journey. I thanked God for each individual, for their journey, and for allowing me to be a vessel to deliver his sweet love and encouragement. There are also so many wonderful testimonies of God's perfect love, his strength, and his glory in this journey. I would love to share some of those testimonies but for now (until those individuals give me permission...) I'll just share some pictures. I would love to share every picture, but there are over 100... here's some of my favorite pictures from Sunday!



Race Line Up
And they're off!

This is the point where we both look at each other and say, "They're gone... now what?"
 

1st Place guy and gal
 
And here are some pictures of big smiles as they finish the "test run"
 






 
This is my Mom who completed her first 3.1 miles on Sunday. So incredibly proud of her!

New friendships made :)

Final "pep talk" as we end our Run for God class
 
 Our goal race is this Saturday. I am looking forward to sharing more then! If you are following along for the workouts, this week's workout is Run 3 miles (workout 1), Run 2 miles (workout 2), walk 20 min (workout 3).
 
I'll leave you with one of my favorite versus and the one I wear on my wrist as a daily reminder:
 
Hebrews 12: 1-3
 
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment