Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Run for God - Week 7 - I can!

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

We began the class by writing this verse on an index card. Then, I asked the class to write "20 minute run" and any other struggles they were facing on that card as well. It doesn't matter if our struggles are physical, spiritual, emotional, financial, etc, we can do all things through CHRIST who gives us strength.

A wonderful sister in Christ, Kaci Lesley shared a little piece of her journey and insights from running. I really appreciate her for sharing and being "real" with us. I look forward to hearing the rest of her story one day! Maybe she'll blog about it (Hint, Hint)

Then we watched the "Can" video. It's the story of Dick and Rick Hoyt. You can see a similar video below.


As soon as the video was over, we left for our 20 minute run. 20 minutes of running with no break. I feel like I have been anticipating this day since last October. I remember what it felt like to run for that amount of time. I am so incredibly proud of each and every individual in the class! God protected us, encouraged us, and enabled us.

When we returned from the run, we shared stories. They were awesome! I wish I could share each one of them with you.

After the sharing time, I asked each person to write a letter addressed to his or herself! The letters will be given back to them on race day. In that same fashion, I shared this letter with our class today.

Fellow running partners,
 
First off, God is awesome. It is to him, all glory and honor should rise. He prepares the way, orchestrates the plan, and knows each step we'll take in the future. I am humbled by the opportunity to share in this journey with each and every one of you.
 
I am also incredibly encouraged by each of you. You accomplish more and more each week. You did it! 20 minutes of running. You ran your race! There will be longer runs ahead. It's not easy. There will probably be days when you don't like it... but if it were easy, everyone would do it.
 
 I've been told that this is about the point where attendance will start to dwindle... motivation starts to suffer... people just give up. Well I'm glad I don't listen to what people "say." They obviously haven't met you guys! Stay committed. Stay determined. When it's tough, praise him. When it's fun, praise him. Listen to praise music.  Pray while you run. Use running as an opportunity to draw closer to God.
 
Remember why you started this journey. Take time to reflect on how far you have come (in just a few short weeks). Although this journey will end soon, I hope you will continue to pursue physical, mental, and spiritual health.
 
God has each of us on this journey for a reason. I pray for you often. I pray for the next step in your (and my own) journey. I do not know what my future holds, but I trust in Christ to lead and guide my path. Who knows... maybe we'll be running a marathon together one day... 
 
Your running sister in Christ,
 
Charity Keller

If you are following along for the workouts. This week is 5 min warm up, 20 minute run, 5 min cool down/ stretch.


No comments:

Post a Comment